Michigan Central Station
2405 West Vernor Highway, Detroit, Michigan.
Built in 1914.
At the time of its construction, The Michigan Central Station was the tallest rail station in the world. In its heyday, over 4000 passengers and 200 trains passed through the station daily. Service started decreasing after World War II, leading up to its eventual shutdown.
The station was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975, 13 short years before it was closed in 1988. Repair work has been ongoing since 2011, but it still remains unused and facing an uncertain future.